WHAT IS A NATURE STEWARD?
A nature steward is someone who has a responsibility to protect the natural environment through conservation and sustainable practices. This will enhance ecosystem resilience and human well-being. A nature steward has a strong desire to improve environmental literacy and stewardship in communities. This coupled with a fascination of native animals, plants, rocks and climate equal local environment champions.
How to become a Nature Steward
- Rocks and soils
- Fungi, plants, and animals
- Climate change and seasons
- Ways to care for Country and manage private property
- Being a citizen scientist, conservation volunteer, advocate for nature, or a nature guide
- How and where you can get outdoors and volunteer in your area
Anyone living in the east of Melbourne, you can find more information from Manningham Council here.
Lastly, you may find this post on Leave No Trace Principles interesting as well. Click here.