20 HEALTH BENEFITS OF CAMPING
Most people go on camping trips because they’re tired of the city or ready for an adventure. Whether you enjoy biking or any other outdoor activity, camping offers you a way to focus completely on a hobby for a few days without external distractions. We all know its a lot of fun, but here are 20 health benefits of camping that you might find interesting.
Here are the first 10:
- The fresh air. More trees = more oxygen in your lungs + it can improve your blood pressue, digestion and immune system.
- Camping strenghtens and grows connections with family and friends.
- Socialising. Camping with family and friends creates lifelong memories.
- Fishing, cooking, tying knots, fire starting, safety and much more are ideal for kids wellbeing and learning.
- Growith in confidence is important for kids, to gradually become more independent and confident in their capabilities.
- Sunshine. Taking in Vitamin D allows your body to absorb calcium and phosphorous.
- Food always tastes better when camping plus the joy of preparing food with others.
- Improved moods. Spending time in sunlight can even out your levels of melatonin in the brain.
- Less stress. Stress free time when camping can lead to improved mental and physical benefits.
- Time to yourself. Promotes positive psychogical patterns. Consider it a self-care retreat.
Here are the second 10:
- New challenges. Intellectually and physically challenging has a great effect on your brain health.
- No alarm clocks. Wake up with nature rather than an alarm clock
- Problem solving. You’re not always familiar with every situation, forcing you to think for yourself.
- Exercise. Being physical means you’re burning more calories and improving your fitness.
- Allow your feet to touch the earth. Ground yourself to nature and replenish your soul.
- Good sleeping. A day of being active, camp food and friendly company = a good night’s sleep.
- Unplugging. Disconnecting from technology and reconnecting with nature.
- Appreciation of nature and what it has to offer.
- Appreciation of what you have at home.
- Return home rejuvenated and your ‘nature cup’ filled.
So it should be clear that not only is camping good fun, but has immense health benefits. You can enjoy breathing in the fresh air whilst getting lots of exercise and reconnect with nature and the people around you when camping.
We hope you found these tips helpful.
You can read another post on 10 Things To Love About Camping here.
You can view a brief video on this on YouTube here.